Saturday, May 19, 2012

Photographer, Slim Aarons

I thought this was a little risque for 1958... my 16 year old daughter needs to see this. She won't believe it!


Sundowners' two bikini clad holidaymakers, enjoying a glass of wine outside the Carlton Hotel Cannes 1958  'Sundowners' two bikini clad holidaymakers, enjoying a glass of wine outside the Carlton Hotel Cannes 195

Having a Topping Time', socialite Alice Topping, relaxing by the poolside in Palm Beach, 1959



Katherine Hepburn 1953



Christmas Swim' Rita Aarons, Hollywood 1954



Look, No Shoes!' Mrs Atwater Kent Jnr, 1964



Slim Aarons, relaxing!



Aarons never used a stylist, or a makeup artist.

Aarons made his career out of what he called "photographing attractive people doing attractive things in attractive places." "I knew everyone," he said in an interview with The (London) Independent in 2002. "They would invite me to one of their parties because they knew I wouldn't hurt them. I was one of them." Alfred Hitchcock's film, Rear Window, whose main character is a photographer played by Jimmy Stewart, is set in an apartment reputed to be based on Aarons's apartment.  Slim Aaron, died in 2006, and was buried in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Copies of his "coffee table" book can be purchased here.

What a talented man.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment