Friday, August 5, 2011

Things I've Learned These Past Few Days...


Katie and I have been gone for a few days now. Five to be exact. We will be gone a bit longer, until Sunday. Getting away from it all, doing something different,  has been great.  We are at Soul Fest with friends. It's like a Christian Woodstock.


Here are a few things I've learned or been reminded of...
  1. Katie is a magnet for new friends. 
  2. People, not me, will sleep on a mountain, sideways, for days just to experience Soul Fest.  Now I get it.  
  3. Although I've never liked heavy metal music, even when I was a teenager, I now have a deep respect, appreciation for their AMAZING talent, and love for Skillet.  (If you saw them in concert you might too).  No, really.  :)
  4. Everyone is so different, but somehow, we are really all the same.  
  5. Blue Eyes doesn't like it when I'm gone.  ;)
  6. Next week... my hair needs some SERIOUS attention.
  7. Even though my 16 year old daughter does protest... she WILL share a bed with her sometimes loudly snoring mom, and without much prompting from me, get me caught up on her day before we both close our eyes.  
  8. The best part of this trip for this mom has been,  #7.
Oh, and going home to Blue Eyes of course.  ;)

 Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment