Monday, August 29, 2011

If I Have To Be In The Corner... I Might As Well Look Good Standing There


Over the weekend, here in Maine, we had a hurricane of sorts. Actually, by the time it got here, it was downsized to a tropical storm.  Downed trees.  Damaged cars, houses, and the like.

I however was a hurricane in and of my own self.

I did it.

I screwed up.

I over stepped my boundaries as a mom with one of our boys, and put my nose into his 19 year old business...

I downed a branch on one of  my most valuable trees... The tree I call  " My Baby Boy."

My mothers heart was saddened, when I saw the damage that my hurricane did.  To know I ripped at my precious tree.  The damage was visible, for all to see.

Especially me.

He of course was upset.  Understandable.  Reasonable.

Did I mention he doesn't even live with us anymore.  Well he doesn't. Which makes my intruding even uglier.

I have since, apologized.

It's not the end of the world, and all is well enough... but I was reminded of a thing or two.  Or three. Wait. Maybe four.



  1. Blue Eyes and I have raised our boys to be strong, intelligent, capable young men.  They have within them whatever is needed to handle every situation life brings.  
  2. I can not fix their life, even if I think I have the answers. It's just not my business.  That simple. 
  3. Their life is between them and God.  
  4. I need to respect them enough to learn to listen more and NOT react.  
I'm grateful that God has a way of showing me what I do wrong.

I'm even more grateful to have "kids"  who know their mothers heart and go gentle on me, when I do over-step and screw up.



I'm not one to live in guilt girls.  Just never have been.  I do try to learn from my mistakes, and go forward.  Sometimes the same mistake is made more then once... but I keep trying.

It's a new day.  The storm has passed.  In our state, and in me.  This mothering thing... 

Yeah, they never reach an age, where I stop needing God.     :)

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment