Wednesday, August 17, 2011

E-Magazines...


Any of you that have known me know that I have had a love affair with Country Living, Country Home, and other home inspirational magazines for... YEARS!!! I have neatly stacked issues in my hutch just because I use to love spending time looking through them with a hot cup of  Joe and a cozy blanket on any given evening.

But I have to say, I have changed. Yes, I too have fallen for, and am so caught up in, online magazines, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc...

I now spend hours going through the many options which are available online for inspiration, the way I use to with my magazines. I don't think I've bought a magazine for months. Kinda sad.

However, it is what it is, and I now understand the "why" behind publishers closing the doors on some magazines recently.  If I have lost interest in buying them, others like me must be too.  The sad part is that I'm sure many hard working people are now losing their jobs, their livelihood, and are facing new challenges that go along with the end of an era. 

So that brings me to an E-magazine that is available, FREE!  It is Gatherings Magazine.
Radostina, over at 79 ideas discribes it as...

„Gatherings Magazine” is hot off the press. The person behind it is Heather Spriggs and there are few other inspiring people like Rachel Follet, Jennie Prince, the photographer Monica Charbeneau and Ginny Donovan. Decorating, handmade things and many inspirations with awesome vintage touch and of course delicious recipes you can discover there. And all this comes with the feel of warm and romantic summer."

-So there you go.  She also shares quite a few more magazines available on-line that you might like to check out.  Gatherings was one of my favs.  

Click on over to Gatherings, 79 ideas blog, and get your feet wet with online E-Magazines.

But let me just suggest one thing first if I may.  

For those of you that have little cutie-pies at home needing your attention, maybe even lunch, do what I would often do with my own... feed those precious bellies right up full, put them in a cozy corner with a ceiling high of books of their own, maybe some quiet sweet music for their spirits in the background... then, and only then,  give yourself permission to enjoy.  

I say this because if your anything like me, once you click, your gone into another world, hard to come back from. 

I think you'll like it.

I certainly do.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment