Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday and Prayer


I've been trying to get back in the routine of praying God's will, His word, for our children ( for their future, and for Ben who is already married, spouse(s).

Like most of us, I talk to God all day. In the car, shower... doing dishes, laundry.  Whatever.

I hear from Him clearly, when I take the time to sit quiet and actually listen.

Dahhhhhhh...

One thing I learned 5 million years ago was the importance of praying for our children according to His word.  What His will is for their lives, knowing that God has, in His Word, covered everything I could possibly imagine.  And things I don't even know they need. Imagine THAT right?   :)

"What is praying Gods Word for our children?"

Glad you asked.  :)

Well, it's Scripture, the Bible, put into prayer form.

It's that simple.  Nothing complicated about that right?



I know what your thinking, and doing right now.  Let me take a stab at it.  Your saying to yourself, and me...

"I don't need a book to tell me how to pray."

And you know what? Your right.  You don't.  I don't.  But I'm glad I have one.  Let me tell you why.


When I take the time to pray Gods word over and for our children, it changes... me.

Yeah, ME.

And girlfriend, let me tell you right now, thats a good thing.

"Guide me  by Your Spirit as I pray for our children according to Your will.  I release them to You so You can accomplish Your will for their lives.  I will not try to live my life over through them.  Keep me from binding them by my needs, wants and ambitions for them.  Get me out of Your way, so that You work the life of Christ in them and give them Your best.  Give me the grace to wait on You, for Your timing is perfect."

Good stuff huh?

There are many resources available to us moms that all we have to do is grab and go.

One of my favorite authors is Stormy Omartian.  She has many books on prayer.  They are simple, accurate, scripture based prayers that anyone can use.


Heres a review for ya...
This review is from: The Power of a Praying® Parent Book of Prayers (Power of a Praying Book of Prayers) (Paperback)
In The Power of a praying Parent, Stormie Omartian writes, "I don't know how to be the perfect parent for my children," I said to God in desperation one day. "I need You to help me raise them."
"God responded by impressing on my heart the following words: 'If you are not covering your children in prayer every day, you are leaving their lives to chance.'"
"What a frightening thought!"
"Then teach me how to pray for my children the way You would have me to, Lord."
"I learned I didn't have to be a perfect parent; I just had to be a praying parent. That was something I COULD do."
In her book, Mrs. Omartian, shares specific prayers that God taught her to pray for every area of her childrens' lives. By doing so, she encourages other parents to do what they CAN do for their children--PRAY! A Bible verse and space for prayer notes are included with each prayer so that the reader can include specific prayers for their children. I found this helpful not only for me to pray for my adult children but for my grandchildren as well.




Listen.  I'm no Holier then tho, I know God better than anyone, do as I say Christian.  


I'm just a wife, friend, sister, and a mother.  


Just like you. 


I drink too much coffee, (sometimes wine), get angry at people who cut me off when I drive down the road, and curse more then I wish I did.   :(


My kitchen floor is always dirty, and sometimes, mostly, I don't even make a good dinner anymore.


I say things I shouldn't and don't say things I should.  


I make so many mistakes in one day... I don't think I could even count them all if I had too.


And, my dogs smells.


But, I love God, and am so grateful for His son, Jesus.




And when I pray,  it centers me like nothing else does.  


I don't know about you... but I need that.  


So, take from this post what you want.  Leave what you don't.  


But know, know from the bottom of your toes that He is there.  


Grab a fresh cup of coffee.  Go someplace quiet.  And sit.  


Talk to Him.


He's listening.


Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment