Sunday, April 3, 2011

And so, as the weekend comes to it's end, and Monday looms closer... as I get ready to turn in to bed, I remember that our oldest son, all 26 years of him is just getting up, and getting ready to go to work.
As I lay my head down for what I hope to be a restful, peaceful night, he is putting on his boots, getting his gear ready, and probably heading out ...


As I close my eyes tonight knowing that,  I am kept safe with the sacrifice Ben and his fellow soldiers are giving for me to do so,  I know Benjamin is also kept safe,  in His care.
Jesus.
Gods son.
He knows my son.
Personally.

And I am one very grateful mum... And all the trivial things of this world are put into perspective.  Every last one.

There are many, many, miles between Maine and Afghanistan.  But I rest tonight knowing,  God,  can travel them all. 

Hugs From This Moms Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment