Thursday, April 28, 2011

All That Stuff

So last evening as Blue Eyes was once again painting the kitchen for me, I broke what was one of my favorite white platters.  (Insert sad face here).  So I got to thinking more about stuff.  My stuff.
 
I've never thought I was one for putting to much value in it. Stuff. But I've been reading Emily's blog lately, Chatting At The Sky, and it's making me think in ways I haven't really before. 

Emily hasn't even been talking about stuff.  But last night, when my favorite platter laid on the floor, broken in pieces at my feet, I thought of her, and all she has been writing about as of late. 

You see for the last 5 weeks, I have been delivering donuts, Monday thru Friday, 30-45 dozen to area businesses.  Its for a local business, and good friends of ours, as a way for them to say, Happy Spring , we're here for ya!

And a way for me to earn some money for my vacation on Million Dollar Island... aka, Monhegan Island.


Well you can imagine that I've met a lot of people, and I've been into a lot of businesses that I've never even thought of going into before.  And all along, Jesus has been my donut buddy.  He sits with me in my car while I go business to business, schlepping donuts.  And I've been talking to Him.  ALOT!


And God being who He is, has been listening and listening, (I talk WAY to much), and He has been lovingly, faithfully, talking back. Through songs on the radio, people I'm meeting for the first time, and Emily.

I know He has so much more to tell me... I have so much more to sit quiet and listen for.  But I am grateful that know matter where we are in life... He is faithful.  To listen, hear, and lovingly answer.  He is our Heavenly Father after all, and I am so grateful for it.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment