Monday, June 6, 2011

Sometimes I Almost Wish They Would Break A Leg Or Something...

I don't know about you, but sometimes being a mom sucks.  Yup, just sucks.  It's that simple.  No other way to put it.


I have so loved being a mom to our four peeps.  I can't imagine any other thing I would  rather have spent the last 26 years doing... And in that time, there have been cuts, burns, bruises, tears, tears, and more tears ... Way to many to count. They have fallen, tripped, and everything in between while they grew up playing, fighting, and, just living.

But I can say, with each child, the worst thing for me as their mom has been when their hearts are hurt.  When someone or something, breaks their precious hearts.  I can't put a band aid on it.  I can't wash out the dirt and put ointment to make sure it doesn't get infected.  I can't fix it. I can't make them feel better.  Sometimes I almost wish they would break a leg or something. 

                                  ( Katie and her Dad)

All I can do is hold them, listen to them, and reassure them that this to shall pass...  It never seems like enough.  Ever.

And when you see so clearly, trouble, hard times, brokenness right around the corner so close you just want to get rid of it somehow before it reaches them... but you can't.  I can't.  That, is always the worst.

A sweet, close, very wise friend of my daughters, said something this week while we chatted, that I know was from God, for me. She was talking about herself and her relationship with her BF.  It was a reminder of something I already know.  Us mom's, we're pretty smart.  Stubborn, but smart.

A reminder from Him that I am the mom, and only the mom.  I am not God, and I need to let go of what is His... namely, our peeps.  They are His, and His alone, and He is always more then enough.  In any situation, large or small.

Our peeps are older, and I know I need to, and have done some, letting go.  Letting them turn to Him, knowing my place is not to fix, but to pray.  To hug. To hold. To love.

And so tonight, at 3:20a.m., I will let Him take care of what I hold so close in my heart, our peeps.  I will pray for, encourage them, listen and just be there.  I will be their mom. 

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment