Sunday, July 10, 2011

Morning Coffee, Sisters, And A Little Rose Garden

The view from my computer Saturday  morning,


was ...


just beautiful.



And close behind me, two sleeping beauties and an old, sweet, dog trying to rouse them for a little toy playing...


His efforts were in vain though because teenage girls do love to sleep in while the morning wastes away...


Maybe it's because they spend most of the night talking, laughing, and whatever else teenage girls do while I try to sleep in the loft above...  Stupid me.  :)


We had the pleasure of spending a couple of nights at my sister and husbands cottage this weekend.  Something my husband, incredible, amazing Blue Eyes built a few years back.  (Did I mention how amazing that man is! Oh yeah, I did.  I kinda like him).  We, Katie and I took care of their dog sweet Ian. 


I have two sisters. Thats them above.  Each as generous, loyal, loving as I could hope for.  They are both older than me.  Not that that makes a difference... :)  Six and twelve years respectively...  but whose counting?  :)
But seriously, I have often thought that the three of us together, well, all I can say is that my mom is somehow there.  With us.  We all have some of her in us, and I can so see it, feel it, and am grateful for it when we are together.
So very grateful... Because our mom... well, she was really something.

The song playing right now, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden,  it was one of our moms favorites.  I can still see her singing it, doing dishes at the kitchen sink.  (Big Sigh...)

Roses were her favorite.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment