Monday, July 18, 2011

Jesus Camp


I just dropped my baby girl off for a week at what she calls, "Jesus Camp". She has been going each summer, with her friends since she turned 10, and loves it.

I remember the first year was hard to let her go. Even though she was ten. I missed her terribly, and couldn't wait to go pick her up on the following Saturday. Seeing her precious face in the huge crowd of girls brought tears to my eyes. (I know, your not surprised right?)


Last night, I photographed a wedding with a friend. I thought a lot about Katie, my baby girl. How fast she is growing up. How much I will miss her when it is her time to marry the man she loves and build a life together with him. How could we be so close to that when...

I still see her barely 3,  dancing with her daddy.
She has some years left, but I know how fast it will and has already, gone by.

                              (Some 12 years later...)


With her older brothers all moved out and on their own, our house will be quiet this week without her here.  I'm glad Wednesday is Chicken Pie Night.  The boys will find their way back home with girlfriends and friends close behind. Hungry bellies and grateful hearts.

It's hard to let them grow I think.  Even harder, to let them go.  When Saturday comes, and Blue Eyes and I pick her up from "Jesus Camp" for the last time... I know she'll be glad to see us.  But I also know she will want to rush home... excited to see her BF.  And He, Her.


This letting go stuff, never easy.  But let go I will.

I think anyway.  :)

There's an old saying, "A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life"........


Yeah, works for me. 

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment