Monday, July 11, 2011

Screamin Ovaries & A Giraffe At The Front Door


I was talking to my husband, (Blue Eyes), on the way home last night from an evening spent with my sisters and their husbands.

We were talking about  menopause.  Actually, I was talking, Blue Eyes was listening. He had too. I had him trapped in the car.  (poor sweet man)

Yeah, I'm not in it at the moment, but seriously, my size 8 barefoot feet, are on the road and it looks like its gonna suck.  Big Time!!!

I was asking him why God made it for women to be sooooo angry when we go through it. You know, "the change".   Angry in a way that almost seems out of our control because it's our bodies changing.  I mean, I realize the reason for our bodies to start to shut down so to speak.  Not wanting to bare children anymore.  My question is, why does it make us soooo angry?

I'm good with not having anymore children.

Really.  I am.

But crap these ovaries are screaming at me.  I mean at the top of their lungs screaming!!!  Not every day.  Not all the time.  But when they feel like it.

Now I know a lot of you ladies have already been through this, and are laughing right now, knowing I have no idea whats in store.  (My sisters being two of you ).  Well, picture my middle finger up in the air pointed in your direction.  And I'm not saying I love you.  See what angry ovaries will do?  

It's like hearing a knock at the front door on a morning when your still in your p.j's.  Hair a mess, coffee not made, dirty dishes in the sink from teenagers eating the night before after you've already gone to bed.  Ready to greet you... GOOD MORNING.

You open up the door and see...


a huge giraffe standing there, wanting to get in even though he doesn't belong here, can't live here, and defiantly WASN'T invited.

How did he get here? 

How long is he staying?

How do I take care of him?

And most importantly,

WHO GAVE HIM MY ADDRESS!!!?


And so I contemplate.  I contemplate starting a new blog.  A separate blog.  One where I can say how my bottomed out  estrogen self feels, without feeling I might offend someone.

But really, I think I just might give you all a heads up right now.  Let you know I am still going to be just as real as I have always been on this blog.  Estrogen level dropping lower by the day. 

I will write words that are from my heart... because I don't know how to do it any other way.  It probably won't always be pretty, nice, polite... but know I don't intend to offend anyone, just be real.

Me.

If it is more then you want to read, I understand.  Please don't follow.  But know that I still love Jesus.  And He me.  That will never change.

And I am so grateful.

Hugs From My Pre-Menopausal Heart

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I get this post! I'm living it! How funny that I posted on Lola B's blog (something I never do) and then saw the link to your blog from your comment, and decided to click on it and come on over!

    I'm feeling the same way about menopause - UGH!

    hang in there..

    Gail

    www.thekramerangle.com

    ReplyDelete