Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Still Love The Sound Of Her Footsteps...

She, is home from a week at  "Jesus Camp"

When she was two, and just newly in her "big girl bed", each morning in the quietness of our house, as her brothers slept, she would climb the stairs to our room, one careful step at a time.

My mothers heart would leap for joy because she was up, and I couldn't wait to hug on her and kiss her sweet little neck.


This morning, I waited, in the quietness of our house, for the sounds of her footsteps coming down the stairs.

Fourteen years have passed since she started to climb the stairs, free from her crib,  and in her "big girl bed"...

But my mothers heart still leaps when I hear her footsteps.

Knowing she is home, if only for a few more years or so...

And I can still hug on her, and sometimes just sometimes,  kiss her sweet little neck.

Times, they are a changing.


My love for that precious girl, never will.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment