Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Blog, New Love...

I found a new blog and it makes me hungry...


In her own words...
"this is a blog about decorated cookies, painted marshmallows and other crafty sweets"
And boy does she have some amazing stuff!!!   The Decorated Cookie has tons of great ideas to enjoy food.  This mason jar meal caught my eye. 


Reminded me of what my grandmother probably did when she was a child and spent the afternoons with her dad, having a picnic in the cemetery.  Yes, I said cemetery.  I bet they used mason jars, some type of sack and walked to their favorite spot, where they felt closer to those who had gone before them, and loved deeply.

My oldest sister had told me that she and her dad would pack a lunch, go to where her family was buried, and enjoy peace and quiet.  Funny, but I get it..


Although I've never packed a lunch and have eaten there, I have spent so much time there with my mom growing up.  We would tend the family plots, get dirt under our nails from digging, and enjoy the peace...


I have always loved the idea of a picnic on a quiet afternoon.  Simple, peaceful, good. 


I do believe I will pick myself up some mason jars, pack a lunch for myself and someone special, and enjoy a peaceful afternoon this summer. 

Thanks for the tips Decorated Cookie.  Click over to her blog for yourself.  And, see you at the cemetery. 

Hugs From My Heart

1 comment:

  1. Hi I came across your Blog from Advance Style, the title of yours rings a bell. Would you be a friend of Bill W's?

    ReplyDelete