Saturday, May 21, 2011


Another good blog, birch & lily

"wife of an incredible man, mother of an adorable boy, and child of a loving God. I may not fit into any particular blog niche, but I write about the things that I enjoy, (like design, or crafts and art, or kids books) and the journey I'm on in the life God's given me as a wife, a mother, and woman."

 

Rejoicing
My heart is rejoicing.
A quiet, lovely, sweet sort of rejoicing.
Whispers of thanks to a kind God
who always heard
who always saw
who always knew.
And who, in His infinite grace and power
has delivered a long-awaited blessing.
And I can truly say
that a part of this blessing
has been the long waiting.
I have learned more of hope:
How hard it can be to cling to as time passes.
How foolish you can feel while it’s just hope.
How only hope in the Lord is worth the wait.
I have learned more of trust:
How to let go of control
How to let go of my plans.
How the Lord is always trustworthy.
And what I’ve longed for is now not a right I am entitled to,
but truly a gracious, kind, generous gift from the hand of the Lord.
And the waiting has brought Him more glory in my heart.  The waiting has made me more thankful for this gift.  The waiting has refined me and taught me.  And the waiting is drawing to a close.
My heart rejoices in the Lord.


birch & lily  ... 

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment