Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Too Much Stuff...

I purchased this book about a year ago at a local discount store, new for $1


I have yet to read it, but it sits on the TV stand staring at me daily.

Today, I picked it up.

I started reading it.

There is a reason for me picking it up.

We are moving.

Yup, back to town.

At the end of the month.  Well, the beginning of next month.

In other words, shortly.

It's not a bad thing, and nothing is wrong, it's just a decision Blue Eyes and I have made.

With that being said, I find myself once again looking at our stuff.

My stuff.

And wondering if I have too much of it.

You know, stuff.

When we moved last May, I spent a few days going through and getting rid of soooo much stuff.

Seriously.

Looking back, I could cry at some of the things I got rid of.

Not because it had any monetary value... more because it had emotional value.

To me.

Things that had to do with these guys...


And their growing up years.


I have never considered myself a hoarder.

And really, I'm not much on clutter either.  It tends to make me crazy.

But, I did have too much from our peeps growing up years.

It is something Peter Walsh calls "memory clutter"

He says that we are afraid if we get rid of things from our past, that hold memories, we are afraid that we won't remember.

And I have to say, He is so right.


Being the mother of these four people...well, it really was the third best thing in my life.

Having them grow up as quickly as they did, tends to still bring tears to this mum's eyes.

So I found myself packing away ALL of Katelyn's toys, books, and ANYTHING, that came from her childhood.

With the boys, it was just as bad.  All of their action hero's, Lego's...

The many books they had read and were their favorites, and those I had spent hours reading to them.

I felt like when I held their things, I was holding their childhood in my hands.


But I realized that I am not the only one with memories.

My peeps have them too.

They are not in a box in our cellar.



The memories that I hold so close to my heart, our peeps hold them close in their hearts too.

Their childhood was good.

So very good.

Perfect?

NO WAY!!!

Just good.

Simple.

Real.

Genuine.

Loving...whole heart loving.

Real.


And because I know, their memories are in our peeps heart, and not a box...

I will go down to the cellar with Blue Eyes... handsome, sexy, love of my life, Blue Eyes...

I will open each container, go through it all once again, and let go of what I can, to make our next move easier on those "boys" I have the privilege of calling my son's.

Because they were brought up well, and they will lift and move everything their Dad and I need them to move...

Because they love their Mum and Dad, as much as we love them, and I don't think there is anything they wouldn't do for us, or for one another.


I appreciate Peter Walsh and his work.



I believe with all of my heart, that it is needed.

Watch for yourself.

Learn and take away what you need.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment