Monday, February 18, 2013


It's Monday.

It's Maine.

And it is so cold again today.

Like, stay in the house cold.


It's a weird day today.

Can a person be so grateful and so sad all at the same time?

If a person can, I do.

Have I told you that we are moving?

Yes, once again.

It's good though.

But part of moving included finding a home for Sophie, my almost 5 year old dog English Springer.

And find one, we did.

The best.

She will be loved on, cared for, and happy, happy, happy.


But, I miss her more than I thought I would.

See, I was brought up in a house that you just do what needs to be done.

Deal with it.

And I did.  And I will.

We were basically taught, life happens, it can be hard and sad but you can't live in "sad."

And I won't.





It makes me more anxious to move because she, Sophie has never been to our "new" place, and so I'm not use to having her there.

And you know, I am right in the smack of in between living here, and there.

Things are off the walls here, on the walls there.

Blue Eyes and I are making small trips with some boxes of things we can bring now.

My house here, is a mess.

Our new place is so clean.  (there is nothing in it making it easy to be clean)

(There is no purpose for the above photo of Katelyn. It just made me happy last night when I was feeling sad and saw it posted on FB. She is a sweet daughter, and seeing her fills my heart with so much love.)


This was her at 6 months.


So on this extremely cold Maine monday...

I will do more packing.

Find a good book to start.

Give myself permission to be in that place of  in between houses, and missing Sophie.

But not to stay there.

Remember all I have to be grateful for.

Nothing to complain about.



Besides, this girl has the day off, and probably no gas in her car, so that means she is home with me all day.


And I know that will make my heart feel so much better.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment