Thursday, February 14, 2013

Brandon Heath - Love Never Fails (Live)




The first time I heard this song, tears came to my eyes, rolled down my cheeks, drenching the front of my shirt.

With every verse sung, I felt an overwhelming flood of love and gratefulness.  Love that had been given to me throughout my life. Gratefulness for a God who has given it, to me.

My brother of four, closest in age. The one I played and grew up with daily...Once again, tucking my mittens into the deepest part of my winter jacket on a cold snowy Maine day.

Never complaining.

Wiping my runny nose on his shirt sleeve, as if it were a tissue he had tucked in his pocket "for such a time as this."

~Love does not run.

A Dad who loved my mother passionately, deeply, and more every year...showing me what I would someday look for in my husband.

~Love does not keep locked inside

.

The older sister who would push us in Memere's swing on a sweaty summer afternoon. Teaching me Nursery Rhymes because she knew our Mom, had no time, nor the energy, to do it herself.

~Love is a river that flows through.

The first hand shake of my oldest brother, to my now husband.  The words, "Take care of my little sister", squeezed firmly into each shake.

~Love will protect.

Siblings.  Brought together by the reality once again, of death.  No one can see, what each of us knows the others, feel.  Our Mom and Dad. The love they instilled in us for one another... They are there to bring their oldest child, their first born son, with them.  Back with them.  Like our family had started.

~Love is the place they will fly to.

My frail and cancer ridden mother, in the last few days of her life...insisting on making me, (her baby), crepes.  Both of us knowing, neither of us wanting it, to be her last.

~Love will not cease.

The husband with beautiful blue eyes, that see me the way they did 30 years ago...whose kiss to this day, still takes my breath away.

~Love will sustain.


A friend, taking my hysterical call in the middle of her work day, to encourage me at those times when I didn't think Blue Eyes was so great.  Praying with me, and for me, until I did again

~Love still believes, when you don't..

The  indescribable, overwhelming, I would give my very last breath for each of you, love, I could only have for these four.

The joy in my heart, that I never knew, until they smiled their first smile.

~Love are the arms that are holding you.



And the love of Christ guiding them through my life.

Each moment, perfectly timed by Him.

My lifetime of love.

His love.

Never failing me.

Never failing you.

"Love is right here

Love is alive

Love is the way

The truth the life"

Hugs From My Heart

Lyrics...

Love Never Falis...Brandon Heath

Love is not proud
Love does not boast
Love after all
Matters the most

Love does not run
Love does not hide
Love does not keep
Locked inside

Love is the river that flows through
Love never fails you

Love will sustain
Love will provide
Love will not cease
At the end of time

Love will protect
Love always hopes
Love still believes
When you don't

Love is the arms that are holding you
Love never fails you

When my heart won't make a sound
When I can't turn back around
When the sky is falling down
Nothing is greater than this
Greater than this

Love is right here
Love is alive
Love is the way
The truth the life

Love is the river than flows through
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love is the place you will fly to
Love never fails you

No comments:

Post a Comment