Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Those Were The Days...

My sister just posted this photo of our parents on Face Book...


It's funny how the photo is in black and white.

Kind of how life was back then.

Simple.

Black and white.

My brother Marc, is on the left.

Tod, or, "Toddy" as I often heard my mom call him, on the right.

I'm thinking my mum was either pregnant with, or just had my brother Fred because she looks heavier then she usually was, at that time in her life.

It's always heartwarming to see with my eyes how my parents loved one another, and not just know it in my heart.

Knowing my parents, and seeing my brothers smiling... I bet my dad was trying to have a little fun with mum, and she was saying something like...

"Fred, put me down.  Stop being so foolish.  I don't have time for this.  I have things to do."

They had 7 kids.

No time for fun after all.  

My dad died when I was fourteen.  He was an alcoholic, and a smoker.  Those are probably his cigarettes on the hood of the car to the right of my brother Tod.

What a good man he was.  So good.  Dad would give the shirt off his back to anyone who needed it.

He was so in love with my mum.

I read recently that...

"The best gift a father could give his children, is to be in love with their mother."

You know that out of everything I know my dad felt he wanted to be able to give his kids, and couldn't...

He certainly did, give us that. 

I am one grateful daughter.

Thanks for sharing the photo sis1.


My Dad, oldest brother Ron, Marc, Tod, my Mum, and Laurie on the car.  

Hugs From My Heart 


No comments:

Post a Comment