Monday, April 9, 2012

Rethinking... Grilled Cheese



A Grilled Cheese Truck?  Yup thats right.  In a recent New York's Time, Dinning & Wine section  is an article about Milk Truck Grilled Cheese.

From Milk Truck Grilled Cheese site...

"Late one night, when I was a kid, my Mom roused me from a deep sleep. She’d just made herself a midnight snack and insisted that I taste it. It was a sandwich—not a grilled cheese—but I remember that it tasted great. And it made me happy. So that’s probably when the idea for Milk Truck started.
A grilled cheese sandwich is a simple thing. But Milk Truck Grilled Cheese aims to be more than putting together butter and bread and cheese.
We tested tons of different combinations to arrive at the sandwiches we now serve. We obsessed about what kind of bread to use with what kind of cheese. We obsessed over how thick the bread slices should be for each sandwich. (That’s why you’ll see us hand cutting our bread with our handmade bread miter.) Every ingredient in each sandwich is there because we think it needs to be to make that sandwich delicious.
Because we really believe that if we make and serve delicious things, it will make people happy.
And just in case that doesn’t work, we decided to call the company Milk Truck."

Can I just tell you, I LOVE how these people think!!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!



I don't know about you but grilled cheese has always been a staple at our house growing up, and one I have served my peeps forever.  Mine NEVER tasted as good as this one looks!!!  

Here is their schedule, and places to acquire this delicious favorite, if you live closer to them then I...


Do you think they'd drive their Milk Truck all the way here to Maine?  :)

SATURDAYS - BEGINNING APRIL 7

Fort Greene Brooklyn Flea
10am-5pm
176 Lafayette Ave (between Clermont & Vanderbilt)
Brooklyn, NY
www.brooklynflea.com
get directions
Smorgasburg
10am-5pm
27 North 6th St. (btw. Kent Ave. + East River)
Brooklyn, NY
get directions

Hugs from my Milk Truck Grilled Cheese envious heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment