Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's 12:01, And I'm Up Of Course

I think it's so funny how at 3pm this afternoon, I was completely exhausted.  Not tired.  Exhausted.

I could have climbed into bed and slept for hours I'm sure.  I decided against it thinking it would keep me up later than I wanted.  Alot of good that did.


Hot tea, buttered toast, and a cozy blanket are my companions along with our three cats.  It is now my oldest sisters birthday.  She is 12 years older than me.  She is the second born of 7.  I am the last.


I wonder if she thinks of our mum on her birthday.  I always do.  I find myself wondering about the day I was born,  and where mum was in her life.  I know she was a different mum to me then she was to my oldest sister.  So many loads of laundry hung out on the line.  Morning after morning of  "toast on the stove" made.  And more than one sleepless night wondering how she was going to do it all again, the next day.


It might sound like I'm talking about my mum, but actually I'm referring to my sister.  The oldest sister who is today, 12 years older than I.  I'm sure on the day she was born, my mother was so very thrilled to see her first daughters face.  She was the second child born to my dad and her, our brother being the oldest.


She must have had dreams, huge dreams for her beautiful baby girl.  But I think that soon turned into expectations of her helping out in things that my mum needed from her.  Being one of the oldest of 7.


One of my very first memories of my sister is on our Memere's swing.  She would sing me songs and teach me the words on warm summer days when mum was busy being a mum.



When I see her today, I will tell her how very much I appreciate the time she took with me when I was little. And how that time spent, shaped who I was, and am, as a mother today.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment