Saturday, February 11, 2012

We're Moving... No, Really

So, in a few months, we will be moving. Me, Blue Eyes, and Kate.


I know, I've thought in months past that we were going to be moving to another place... but that wasn't meant to be.


And, I'm good with it.  When Kate and I were talking about it a bit ago, I reminded her of how sometimes what we think is suppose to happen doesn't always, because God has something better for us even when we can't see it or understand why.


Which brings me to these photos.  THIS, is where we are moving too! It is a farm owned by good friends of ours that we have known for many years.  Along with their house, and many barns, they have a duplex that had been in the process of being renovated.  Blue Eyes had been doing work for them and had me come over one afternoon to look.  I knew right then that this, is where we belonged.


I was praying the other day for our peeps... Thinking back to when they were all little, together under one roof.  The house Blue Eyes built for me.  The house Kate was born in.  The house that held their growing up years safely within it's walls.  I miss that place, and all we had there. Wiping their dirty little faces.  Making dinner while they made Lego set ups that covered the entire table.  Dancing with Blue Eyes in the living room.  Hearing their sweet voices laughing.

I know they do too.


That morning, as I sat at our kitchen table, paint samples laying in front of me, talking to God, remembering, & crying some for a time we can never go back too... I realized that my heart is still broken from leaving our house.  Our home.  Not so much for myself, but for them.  Our peeps.  It was time, and the circumstances were such that we had to move but, it was like leaving a precious family member behind.


So I decided to turn to my devotional because hey, God would probably talk to me through that right?

Yup, that's what I thought too.  :)

Well it was Monday morning, February 8th. and I thought ... my birthday is on Sunday, God will definitely have something to say to me on that day,  (I know, I know, not bibilical), but I blew past Mondays right straight to Sunday, the 12th, and here is what I read...

~ {Jesus said}, "In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you."  John 14:2 NKJV

"Home is a special place where you can relax and be yourself.  It's often the place you share with those you love most.  Home is more than just the dwelling you live in.  It whispers,

"This is where you belong."

When God created you, He gave you two homes.  One's here on earth and the other's in heaven.  It's much easier to relate to the one you can decorate and inhabit here and now.  The place you live, the people you love and the work you do help to fill your days with a sense of stability and purpose. 

The thought of leaving behind what's familiar, everything we know and love, can sound scary- if it were not for the fact that Someone who loves us, and knows us, even better than our closest family has already prepared a home for us.  god says our home in heaven is unimaginably beautiful, and it's one we'll never have to leave.  Once we arrive, we'll realize there truly is... "no place like home." ~


(Blue Eyes white from wiping down the sheet rock.  Well, now that I look at it, he has gotten quite white. Still the most handsome man alive.)

I bet you can guess that after reading that, I cried some more.  Tears of gratefulness that God knows my heart as a wife, mother, and His daughter.

Our three "boys" are all grown and on their own now.  Kate will be in a VERY short couple of years.  They are at our house almost on a daily basis.  They stop in for one thing or another.  Sometimes, for nothing at all.

I'm so good with that.  So good.

God has once again reminded me of what I know to be true and real.

When we are all together, eating dinner, dancing in the living room, laughing with one another... that is home.

Until the day when we meet together again, in the place He goes to prepare for us.

We will never have to move again... and I am so looking forward to it.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment