Friday, January 27, 2012

Mr. Goodwill Hunting... aka, Rashon Carraway

Good Friday Friends.  The weekend is here, and even though it isn't the season, I always have "thrifting" on the brain.  In New England, (Maine to be more specific), when you can't toss your hair in a baseball cap, grab a hot coffee, the local newspaper, and a  few bucks from the change jar at six in the morning to head out to yard and lawn sales,  whats the next best thing?

Well let me introduce you to Rashon Carraway... aka, Mr. Goodwill Hunting


Mr. Goodwill Hunting has been on The Nate Burkus Show many  times, showing us just how cost effective and fun, it can be to shop at Goodwill, The Salvation Army, etc... and turn your home into a virtual magazine cover.  (Click the above link, go shopping with Rashon, and see how he shopped for this piece, and transformed it into this!)


Rashon,  "While I was in New York last year I decorated a small living room. When I showed my client the above crendenza, she wasn’t feeling it at all. She said it was old and dated and she was right. However, I knew one coat of a bold color would make her see the light. I chose her favorite color, coral. When she saw the piece she couldn’t believe it!"

Now, don't settle for the below photo... click the link, and see the finished room... The Nate Show Burkus Show


Plus, anyone who has a "Halleluiah!!!!"  moment when they see a piece and what it could look like when their finished with it like I do, is my kinda shopper.  Did you see what Rashon did with the TV?!!!

Here is a before and after photo from his Blog,  Mr. Goodwill Hunting... It is one of my favorites.


And this is what they look like in his home... His "thrifted" home. 


Here are the links to Mr. Goodwill... check them out.  You'll be glad you did.  ;)

His blog...   Mr. Goodwill Hunting...

His work on The Nate Show...

 His Face Book Page...

And Rashon also contributes to HGTV's Design Happens site.


Rashon Carraway, (Mr. Goodwill Hunting), is one busy guy.  His talent and love for thrifting is contagious.



I KNOW, you'll love him.

Enjoy.

Hugs From My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment