Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Friday. Today, I Will...

I so love Fridays...  Everyone who has worked their 9 to 5 all week, seem to have a little skip in their step on Friday.  Teenagers are not so, well, teenagerish.  They know they can stay up all night playing video games,  run through the neighborhood in silly suits, and make up for it by sleeping late Saturday morning.


I think we need too, you, and me, give ourselves "permission" to enjoy our weekends.  Really enjoy them.


It's not something I've come up with.  It's Gods plan.  Yup.  He said it.  He wants us to have a day to relax and be with Him.  Talk to Him.  Listen to Him.  Just be with Him.


I think all of us have the tendency to do too much.  Whatever that is.  We overload our lives and  our children's lives with this commitment, and that activity.  And you know what... we need to stop.  Just stop.



Stop thinking that doing everything, always being busy, is a good thing.  It's not.  Even in the saddest, hardest seasons of our lives, we need to stop.  Sit, stand, whatever.  Just be quiet. If only for just a moment, and breathe.




Its Friday at our house, and I know it is at yours.  That usually means Blue Eyes will come through the front door at 5:10, with a little wider smile for me.

It's Friday.  Today I will...

Take time to kiss my husband at the door at the end of his week.  I mean REALLY kiss him.  (insert huge smile from Blue Eyes here.) 

Give myself permission to leave the dishes in the sink, not sweep the floors or dump the rubbish...

I will... stop, and  reconnect with those I love deeply in my life.


I will sit still, clear my mind the best I can and listen.  Just listen... to Him.


I will have fun...

 
And, I will relax, and slow down...



It's going to be a good weekend.   Oh yeah.  Did I mention I'm still in my jammies and its 10 o'clock.  I think I'm off to a good start don't you?

Hugs From My Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment